Sunday, April 1, 2012

Conference Weekend



Hope you had a wonderful Conference weekend. Will and I spent it cuddled up, 
playing with blocks, and listening to Conference. 
We also had fun at our friends child's birthday party on Friday. 
Kent worked all weekend long on a movie and we missed him dearly. There were so many talks that I felt were directed at me. I love when that happens. 
One in particular was Elder Uchtdorf's talk called 

The Merciful Obtain Mercy

The part that struck me the most was this following quote below.  But in particular, Ignoring. Ignoring people, family or friends. I've never really thought about it until he mentioned it along with the other things.  I've seen this happen to me. and it hurts. especially when its from your own family members. I hope that I will be better this year and try to be more Christ-like. The gospel teaches that we must love unconditionally and rid ourselves of pride. Its difficult but possible. 

Another talk that I needed to hear was Sister Cheryl Esplin's talk called 

Teaching Our Children to Understand

The story she shared about her 5 year old granddaughter learning how to recognize the spirit after she prayed really touched my heart. I just balled. 
“Teaching our children to understand is more than just imparting information. It’s helping our children get the doctrine into their hearts in a way that it becomes part of their very being and is reflected in their attitudes and behavior throughout their lives.”





someone loves conference.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...