Sunday, May 8, 2011

{happy mother's day}

I read a talk giving by President Gordon B Hinckley called 
Women of the Church. if you have not read it I recommend you do. Maybe you remember listening  to it when he gave this talk. here are some passages that I found meaningful this time around. 
 "You know how fortunate you are to be married to a good man who is your companion in life and who will be your companion throughout eternity". 
how grateful I am to have Kent by my side helping me in this life. Life brings hardships and joy but it makes a huge difference who you have around you through those times. Grateful to have a positive and uplifting companion by my side.  

Then President HInckley shared this poem from Anne Campbell in regards to the sacrifices our mothers have made for us. This also struck a cord with me.


You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.

To my wonderful Mother,

How grateful I am for the sacrifices my own mother has done for me. She sacrificed living in her own country and learning a new language to give me a better world. She gave up her false traditions and habits to teach me the true way of life. She taught me to trust God above all things. She taught me to be a women of God and to cherish womanhood. For all that I am, I thank her.

My Turn...

I too am grateful for mi suegra. My wife wouldn't be my wife without her. She raised an amazing woman, so I will be ever grateful for her. Ever since I've known her she has made me feel loved, and she's never treated me as a son-in-law, but a son. She has been nothing but gracious to me. Plus, she is an amazing grandmother to my son. So, mamá, I love you so much!

~ Kent




To my wonderful Mother in Law
Thank you for raising an amazing son. Thank you for your sacrifices. Thank you for  making me feel as if I was one of your own. Thank you for loving my baby. He is a lucky boy. Thank you for not getting tired of me sending pictures of Will 10 times a day. Thank you for being a women of faith. Thank you, thank you.
-Nassari

Hey Mommedy...

On this mother's day I just want to remind you how much I love you. Not to sound like a momma's boy, but you've been my friend as well as my mom. I've come to realize that I can't relate at all to people that complain about how annoying or mean or intrusive their mothers have been. I never had any problems like that. My mom knows when to say "no" (which she always did in such a judicious and graceful manner), and she always knew when to let me off the leash. Thank you for all your love and trust mom. You are the best mom that anyone could ever have. I have zero complaints.




Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...