Friday, October 21, 2011

Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto

 My favorite band is releasing their newest album October 24th  and I am so excited!

Color me bias, but Coldplay never disappoints. I love every song in every one of their albums for the past 10 years. I never get tired of them. I am listening to them from my iTunes as I type up this post.

Its nice to look back on what I was up too when they first started touring the US.

2001: Parachutes.

I was a sophomore at Helix Charter High School. Jessica, my friend from waterpolo and swim asked me if I would go with her to see them at SDSU's amphitheater. Of course I said yes! That was my very first time at a concert too.  During that time frame I started dating Kent.



2003: Rush of Blood to the Head.

After Kent came back from a semester at BYU he invited me to go see them at Cox Arena. He even bought me their CD. Kent went with me to prom, I graduated from high school, we took many trolley rides to downtown SD, and Kent went on his mission.

 favorite songs live were Scientist, Green Eyes, and Warning Sign.



2004: X & Y

We both missed this concert but for many good reason.  It sure was a busy 3 1/2 years for us. Kent  left on an LDS mission from 2004 to 2006.  I was a freshmen at college and then decided to be an Au pair for the summer of 2004 in England. Then I left on a mission from 2005-2007.
I was bummed I missed the concert and frankly, I couldn't think of anyone who would be excited to see them as I was so I didn't stress.

Fix you, Talk, and Swallowed in the Sea



2008: Viva la Vida or Die with your Friends

 We got married that summer and Kent surprised me with tickets to see them at the Eccles Center in downtown SLC.  I was so excited see them again and with the love of my life.

Strawberry Swings and Lovers in Japan. or as i like to call it " Japanese lovers"



Coldplay sure knows how to perform live and keep their audience entertained and excited. I hope to be able to continue to go to their concerts. I am just loving this little tradition we got going on.


Here is their newest!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...